ALB Accepting Applications for Local Promotional FundsThe American Lamb Board invites industry associations to participate in the 2018 Local Lamb Promotional Funding Program.
The program is intended to help support and build demand for American lamb at the local and/or regional level. ALB has allocated funds in Fiscal Year 2018 to support new lamb promotion ideas targeting non-industry audiences (consumers, chefs, media, retailers etc.).
This is a competitive funding process and the American Lamb Board will give priority to projects that demonstrate innovative promotion ideas and a commitment to share the cost of executing the promotion. These funds are intended to offset the lamb promotion costs, rather than subsidizing general event costs.
The types of programs that would be eligible:
• Lamb sampling at consumer food events;
• Cooking and/or butchery demonstrations;
• Retail promotions, such as in store sampling;
• Farm or ranch tours for influencers, media, chefs, etc;
• Farmers market demonstrations or sampling;
• Educational seminars at local culinary schools or consumer cooking schools;
• Local Lamb-Jam style cooking competitions;
• Website updates;
• Local production information, including factsheets, brochures or videos.
The types of programs that would not be eligible:
• Lamb industry events including meal functions, auctions etc.;
• Requests for funding to support salaries or capital assets;
• Any activities related to lobbying or influencing government policy or action.
Applications are available now from the American Lamb Board. The deadline to apply is Feb. 28, and applicants can expect to receive a decision on their requests in March. All awarded funds must be used by Dec. 31, 2018.
If you have any questions, contact Rae Maestas at email@example.com or 303-759-3001, extension 3.