Round 5 of Let’s Grow Grants Open
February 17, 2017
The American Sheep Industry Association’s Let’s Grow Committee this week announced the dates for the fifth-round of grant funding.
- Feb. 15 – Application Available at www.sheepusa.org/Growourflock_Funding_Application
- April 20 – Applications Due
- May 15 – Anticipated Award Announcement
Funding is available for projects that support, promote and ensure the U.S. sheep industry’s future through the development of innovative and sustainable initiatives that increase the productivity, profitability and growth of the American sheep industry.
While previous priorities exist, additional consideration will be given in Round Five for grants that focus on:
- Development of producer groups to increase cooperation between producers with similar production systems.
- Increasing the adoption of out of season lambing to help distribute supply more evenly and help decrease the seasonality of lamb production.
- Projects and programs that have long term productivity advancing implications.
All questions about the process or the application can be directed to Let’s Grow Coordinator Alan Culham at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-896-7378.