ASI Photo Contest Deadline is Aug. 17
July 28, 2017
Have you submitted your entries for the 2017 ASI Photo Contest yet? The deadline is now just three weeks away.
Photographs entered in the contest will be judged on clarity, content, composition and appeal. More than $1,000 will be awarded, with prizes of $125 going to the first-place photographer in each of the five categories listed below; $75 for the runner-up in each category; and a $50 prize for third place in each of the five categories. The deadline? Entries must be received in the ASI office by 5 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 17, to be considered.
The winning photos will be highlighted in the October 2017 issue of the Sheep Industry News. Only the top three photographers in each category will be notified of their winnings.
Photographers are advised to submit photographs in large file sizes. Also, judges and ASI staff encourage entrants to provide both horizontal and vertical photos. This will better assure these talented and creative photos can be shared in future issues of the Sheep Industry News.
Below are the five categories in this year’s contest:
- 1. Action – Photographs of activities such as moving/trailing sheep, lambing, tagging, feeding, etc.
- 2. Scenic (East) – Photographs of sheep outdoors located east of the Mississippi River. (Photos entered in this category cannot include people.)
- 3. Scenic (West) – Photographs of sheep outdoors located west of the Mississippi River. (Photos entered in this category cannot include people.)
- 4. Fine Wool – Photographs that spotlight the strength, beauty and natural magic of American wool, to include shearing, fleece photos or any shot that captures the qualities of fine wool.
- 5. Open – Photographs that do not fall into the four above-listed categories.
Other contest rules:
- Photographs can be submitted via hard copy or electronically.
- Entries are limited to two per category per person.
- Only photographs that have been taken in the past six years can be entered and photographs submitted in previous ASI contests cannot be re-entered.
- The following information needs to be included with each submission: title of photo; category (from the five listed above) into which it is being entered; photographer’s name; mailing address; phone number; email address; and approximate location/date of photo.
- If there is a particular story or background that goes with the photo, please include that, as well, with the entry.
Entries should be emailed to Sheep Industry News Editor Kyle Partain at email@example.com with the subject line of ASI Photo Contest. Those mailing photos should send them to ASI; Attn: Photo Contest; 9785 Maroon Circle, Suite 360; Englewood, CO 80112.