ALB to Award Grants for Local Lamb Promotion
February 1, 2019
The American Lamb Board has allocated $25,000 in Fiscal Year 2019 to support new lamb promotion ideas targeting non-industry audiences (consumers, chefs, media, retailers, etc.). These funds are intended to help support local or regional lamb promotions designed to build demand for American lamb.
This is a competitive funding process and the American Lamb Board will give priority to projects that demonstrate innovative promotion ideas and a commitment to share the cost of executing the promotion. These funds are intended to offset the total cost of the promotion rather subsidizing the entire cost.
The types of programs that would be eligible:
- Lamb sampling at consumer food events;
- Cooking and/or butchery demonstrations;
- Retail promotions such as in-store sampling;
- Farm or ranch tours for consumers, media, chefs, etc.;
- Local restaurant promotions;
- Farmer’s market demonstrations or sampling;
- Educational seminars at local culinary schools or consumer cooking schools;
- Local Lamb-Jam style cook-off competitions.
The deadline for applications is Feb. 28, and grants should be awarded in March. All programs that receive grants must be completed by Dec. 31.
For more information, email Rae Maestas at email@example.com.