Shearing Schools Announce 2019 Dates
February 22, 2019
A handful of shearing schools have announced their dates for 2019.
In addition to learning to shear in a hands-on manner, the schools offer teaching on equipment, animal welfare and staying in shape for the physically demanding task. Equipment is supplied, but students are often encouraged to bring any equipment they have, as well.
These schools offer training for a wide variety of students – from hobby farmers looking to shear their own flocks to those with aspirations of shearing professionally.
- Indiana Shearing School – March 2 in Franklin, Ind. For information, email email@example.com or call 317-896-2213.
- Missouri University Extension Shearing School – March 6-7 in Jefferson City, Mo. For information, contact Erin Brindisi at 573-681-5859 or email BrindisiE@LincolnU.edu.
- Washington State Beginning Shearing School – April 2-6 in Moses Lake, Wash. An Advanced Shearing School is April 7, 2019, also in Moses Lake. For information, contact Sarah Smith at 509-754-2011, ext. 4313, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit http://www.wssp.org.
- Ohio Shearing School – April 12-13 in Hebron, Ohio. For information, contact Roger High at email@example.com or visit www.ohiosheep.org
- Oregon Sheep Growers Association Shearing School – April 25-28 in Douglas County, Ore. For information, John Fine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-673-0369.
- Tennessee Annual Shearing School – April 26-27 in Murfreesboro, Tenn. For information, contact Mark Powell at 615-519-7796, email@example.com or visit http://www.tennesseesheep.org.
- Western Pennsylvania Shearing School – April 26-27, 2019, in Scenery Hill, Penn. For information, contact Walt Bumgarner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-438-0111.