Shearing Schools Announce 2019 Dates
March 22, 2019
A handful of shearing schools have announced their dates for 2019.
In addition to learning to shear in a hands-on manner, the schools offer teaching on equipment, animal welfare and staying in shape for the physically demanding task. Equipment is supplied, but students are often encouraged to bring any equipment they have, as well.
These schools offer training for a wide variety of students – from hobby farmers looking to shear their own flocks to those with aspirations of shearing professionally.
- Washington State Beginning Shearing School – April 2-6 in Moses Lake, Wash. An Advanced Shearing School is April 7, 2019, also in Moses Lake. For information, contact Sarah Smith at 509-754-2011, ext. 4313, email@example.com, or visit http://www.wssp.org.
- Ohio Shearing School – April 12-13 in Hebron, Ohio. For information, contact Roger High at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.ohiosheep.org
- Oregon Sheep Growers Association Shearing School – April 25-28 in Douglas County, Ore. For information, John Fine at email@example.com or 541-673-0369.
- Tennessee Annual Shearing School – April 26-27 in Murfreesboro, Tenn. For information, contact Mark Powell at 615-519-7796, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.tennesseesheep.org.
- Western Pennsylvania Shearing School – April 26-27, in Scenery Hill, Penn. For information, contact Walt Bumgarner at email@example.com or 724-438-0111.
- Colorado Shearing School – May 30 – June 1, in Brush, Colo. For information, contact Marlin Eisenach at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-542-3543.